Mac 64.6 MB
Windows 73 MB
iPhone 73.2 MB
iPad 76.9 MB
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSMac: OSX 10.6+
Windows: XP or later 32/64-bit
iPhone: iOS 5.1+
iPad: iOS 5.1+
Pop Dot Comics | ARTISTIC
Mac 2.0 Updated: 8/19/13
Windows 2.0 Updated: 8/14/13
iPhone 1.08 Updated: 10/5/13
iPad 1.07 Updated: 9/26/13
News & Features
JixiPix you've done it again! This new app is fantastic, keep 'em coming.
Unlike JixiPix's other apps, this one has an object layer that allows you to place both text balloons as well as emphasis elements (thud, pop, kapow etc.) on top of your images which you can resize or re-position as you choose. Running under Snow Leopard, it purred without a hiccup even after loading massively large files. What a pleasure it was to get this app. My head is spinning with all the possibilities I now have in store for this app.
As I said, keep 'em coming JixiPix.
It's always like Christmas when I see that JixiPix has released a new app. This one is awesome - think Halftone on serious steroids (another killer app). I really love the cropping feature and I hope to see it make its way to other JixiPix apps. Great work!
- by Clifton Johnston
This app is Great! I love that the effects don't look like a texture screen on top of the image, the quality is great. A lot of options! Hard to say anything bad about this app. Fast, too. I only wish some effects had a 'mix with original' adjustment. But trust me, this app has a lot. Highly recommended!
-by Jim Wheelock
Jixipix never disappoints!! Love the look it gives and its fast adding the effect. One of my new favs!!
I was very skeptical about purchasing this app so I decided to try the demo out. After trying it out I quickly bought the app. A must have!!! Great job JixiPix!!
-by SoulRocka Nasty Nene
If you delight in magic and comics this is a wonderful tool. I use other comic book apps to do different things but this app is most important! It makes everything easy: It gives you so many different possibilities beyond the wonderful presets and it's easy to customize! It's intuitive and a breeze to learn. Worth every penny you spend on it!
-by Courtney Shack
The apps by this developer are always great fun, rich in options, and produce great results. With presets, randomization, and many ways to tweak the image with multiple controls, they're always stunning. This one is no exception. The Pop presets are probably my favorite. Congrats on another great app.
Pop Dot Comic is a fun way to create comic-book style illustrations from your snapshot or ones taken of your friends and family. Pop Dot Comic applies thick outlines, bold colors, and plenty of benday dots to newsprint or pulp papers to give every creation the look of one that’s been printed or published.
- In the past, halftones were tediously inked in by cartoon artists or created in darkrooms. With Pop Dot Comic you can easily and quickly convert your photo into a comic book drawing that’s worthy enough for the Sunday newspaper or your favorite pulp-fiction cover. With a library of included “Fun Stuff”, custom messages can be added to speech bubbles and sound effects will give your creation “POW”. When your finished creating a comic book photo save it to your library or post them to your friends and family for funny moments.
Pop Dot Comics is a professional cartoon effect that can be done directly on your iPhone,
iPad, Mac or Windows.
- Convert all your images and pictures into cartoon-style effect quickly.
- Choose a preset for a quick start.
- Use large photos for high-end results!
- Crop your photo to remove unwanted parts of an image
- Choose between five comic styles: Sunday Comics, Halftone, Noir Comics,
Pop Comics, Pulp Comics.
- Make adjustments to outlines, color, border width, border inset and pulp papers.
- Choose between Dots, Lines, and Halftones.
- Edit and resize "Fun Stuff" and "Bubbles" with easy to use controls.
- Share via Email, Facebook, Twitter and Tubmlr
- Save to Camera Roll
- Easy to Use.
- Tap to edit type in speech and thought bubbles.
- Long Press to delete Fun Stuff and Bubbles.
- Pull edges of fun stuff and speech bubbles to resize.
- Touch and hold center to move.
Pop Dot Comic comes with five unique effects
Sunday Comics - Creates a Cartoon Photo.
Halftone - Transforms a photo into a Halftone Newspaper Photo.
Pop Comics - Converts photos into a bright Pop Art Lichtenstein-style Cartoon.
Pulp Comics - Renders a Cartoon with Vintage Colors on Aged Pulp Paper.
Noir Comics - Creates a contrasted toned or black and white comic with selective color like those used in the Sin City series.